- Drink an adequate amount of water daily. Drink 7-8 glasses of water a day. Lack of water can lead to dehydration, which can further lead to block pores and form acne. Water will keep your skin beautifully hydrated, but not oily.
- Watch your diet and consume healthy vitamins, minerals and other supplements. This will help in preventing acne. Add more fruits, vegetables, pulses, salads, dried fruits, nuts, and juices to your regular diet.
- Deficiencies of zinc can also cause acne. Increasing the amount of Zinc in your diet can help in removing acne. Zinc is found in oysters, red meat, beans & nuts.
- Do not sunbathe. Always use sun protection / tanning lotions if you have to be out long. Do get fresh air and sunshine for vitamin D but do not overdo it and get a sunburn.
- Reduce the intake of caffeine, sugar and refined carbohydrates. In few cases, caffeine can increases the levels of stress hormones inside your body, provoking or worsening acne conditions. So concerning tea, coffee, chocolate and other caffeinated beverages, skip them where possible.
The body produces hormonal steroids when under stress. These steroids target the skin in a disruptive manner and acne flare-ups may coincide with increased stress. So, don’t take too much stress.
- Exercise can also help by improving stress levels, blood flow, circulation and enabling improved waste management, through the skin pores. Don’t forget to take shower after exercise.
- To avoid pore-clogging and skin irritations, focus on using natural products for your skin. Use non-pore clogging or non-comedogenic products.
- Don’t pick your pimples. Picking your pimples can cause permanent scarring.
- Get at least 7-8 hours of sleep each night on a consistent basis. While we sleep, our body is rejuvenating and repairing itself, it is for this reason that we must sleep for 7-8 hours daily.
- Smoking also triggers acne. According to a German study published in 2001 showed that acne is 62% more prevalent in active smokers than in non-smokers.
Popular Acne Products on Amazon