Following are few remedies to get rid of acne scars:
- Try dermabrasion and chemical peels to diminish scarring.
- You can also use retinol or alpha hydroxyl acid lotions or creams.
- Creams like Mederma or rose hip seed oil also reduce scars.
- Use Aloe Vera juice, gels and lavender oils.
- Laser surfacing is another option, which may not last for long.
- Collagen or ones’ own fat is injected under the scar to bring it to the surface in a process called Augmentation.
- In a technique called “subcision,” the scar is detached from deeper tissue.
- Apply the mixture of Sandalwood (chandan) powder with black gram (masoor dal). Keep it overnight and wash it with cold water the next day.
- Try sandalwood paste with rose water and apply on the scars. Keep it overnight and wash it with cold water the next day.
- Rubbing ice cubes on the face for 10-15 minutes will tighten up the pores.
- Apply cucumber juice on the face.
- Rub the raw tomato on the skin.
- Wash your face with a gentle cleanser preferably a non-detergent pH balanced.
- For oily skin , use a cleanser that contains benzoyl peroxide, glycolic acid, or salicylic acid.
Products you might be interested in:
Image © tommerton2010