Acne scars can be treated in different ways depending upon the condition of your scar. The treatment can cost anywhere between 50$ to over 3000$. Consult a dermatologist to find the method suitable for you.
- Injecting collagen into the scar site puffs out the scar area and makes it less visible. The treatment lasts for about 6 months, but there are permanent solutions as well.
- Autologus fat transfer is a similar method, in which fat is taken from a different part of the body and injected into the scar area. Although the fat fills out the scar area, but this process also needs to be repeated, with comparatively less frequency though.
- Dermabrasion is a mainly used method for eliminating most kinds of scars. It is done under minor anesthesia. In this method a thin layer of surface skin is removed using a fraise or a brush set on a high speed, which actually removes some low scarring at the skin surface and lessens the depth of deeper scarring.
- Microdermabrasion is a similar process with the difference of crystals of aluminum oxide that pass through a vacuum.
- Laser treatment is another option. In this method lasers of different intensities and wavelengths are used to alter the shape of scars. This method also may be required to be repeated with regularity as long as permanent results are achieved.
- Other treatments include skin grafting and skin surgery, but these are extreme procedures for most severe situations.
Scabbing, redness, swelling, flakiness, dryness, bruising and uneven skin tone are common post-treatment effects.
Popular Acne Products on Amazon